Italian Three Cheese & Spinach Baked Conchiglie
- 24 Giant Conchiglie pasta (cook a few extra shells to allow for a few breaking while the pasta cooks)
- Dell'ami Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced through a garlic press
- 400g fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 340g Galbani Ricotta
- 100g Galbani Mozzarella balls
- 50g Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 Large egg
- A handful of finely chopped basil leaves
- 1tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 280g 'home-made' tomato sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Cook the pasta al dente, drain and set aside.
2. Heat a goof lug of Dell'ami Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook gently until it starts to take on colour. Add the spinach and cook (normally 3-4 minutes), stirring occasionally, until the leaves begin to wilt but are still bright green. The spinach should be reduced by half. Switch off and let cool.
3. In a mixing bowl, stir together the spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, basil and salt and pepper until throughly combined.
4. Pour about a third of the tomato sauce into the bottom of a shallow 8x8inch (approx) baking dish, stuff each pasta shell with a generous amount of the mixture and place
5. Top up the dish with the remaining tomato sauce and dot with any extra mozzarella or parmesan on top. Cover with kitchen foil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until the top begins to brown and the sauce begins to bubble, this should roughly take another 10-15 minutes.
Serve with a dusting of Parmesan.